|Thursday 8th June 2017
||9:30 am - 3:30 pm
|Ganneys Meadow Nursery School & Family centre
Target Audience: EYFS leaders and practitioners.
This course will help all childcare practitioners working in the foundation years to promote and encourage children’s health development. With more than one in five over-weight or obese as they start reception year it has never been more important to help children to get a healthy start in life.
Course content includes:
- Recognising how yoga impacts child development.
- How to organise sessions that summarise social skills, uniqueness, self-expression and encourage whole brain learning.
- To perform simple, easy, Yoga postures, that build strength and flexibility, improve coordination and balance.
- To define self -regulation, through breath awareness.
- To demonstrate the importance of having fun led physical activity in a non-competitive environment, using age appropriate tools, props and songs.
- Review Yoginis Yoga and the national curriculum.