|Wednesday 15th November 2017
||9:30 am - 12:30 pm
|Ganneys Meadow Nursery School & Family centre
|Dr Helen Bibby
The role of the SENCO is a busy one! There is much to consider and plan for. Organising your time and preparing effectively is crucial to becoming an effective SENCO. This course will be particularly useful to all those practitioners new to the role of the SENCO.
Course contents will consider:
This course can be further enhanced by attending the course Outcomes for Children with SEND- Getting it Right! This course focuses on how to write Additional Support Plans for children with SEND, and is due to be held on 21/11/17.
- Code of Practice for SEND 2016 (including aspirations and high expectations).
- Practical tips for developing the role within your setting.
- Different terminology used in conjunction with SEND.
- Practical ideas for developing inclusion in your setting.
- Developing Policies linked to the role of SEND.
- Working with parents/carers.