|Wednesday 19th October 2016
||9:30 am - 12:30pm
|Ganneys Meadow Nursery School & Family centre
This course aims to support practitioner’s to develop their understanding of the term mental health in the early years and to respond to the needs of young children.
Mental health and well-being of young children is crucial for overall learning and development. There are many children with and without additional needs who have mental health difficulties. They can experience extreme anxiety, be very sensitive to the emotions they feel, thus making it harder to self regulate.Young children can feel isolated both socially and emotionally. This course will explore how our thoughts and feelings can shape our behaviour.
The course will consider:
- What does the term mental health mean for young children?
- The Thoughts, Emotions/Feelings and Action triangle
- Promoting positive mental health in your setting,
- The range of emotions and feelings we can experience
- How anxiety can reveal itself through a child’s behaviour.
- Practical strategies to use back in your setting