|Tuesday 23rd January 2018
||9:30 am - 3:30 pm
|Ganneys Meadow Nursery School & Family centre
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and as such it is vitally important that practitioners are aware of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding the children in their care.
Current EYFS guidance says" During term time, or when the setting is in operation, the designated safeguarding lead or an appropriately trained deputy should be available during the opening hours of staff to discuss safeguarding concerns."
This course will support those new to and those more established, in this role, to understand their responsibilities, develop confidence and competence in carrying out duties attached to this role.
Level Two Safeguarding is intended for whose who's role includes;
Course content includes:
- Working closely with children, young people and their families.
- Working in a managerial role, responsible for making Safeguarding referrals
- Responding to disclosure.
- Recognising, avoiding and managing unsafe practices.
- Referring Safeguarding concerns.
- Child protection process, policies and procedures.
- Record keeping.
Feedback from previous delegates.
" Really informative, made lots of notes"
"It was helpful to learn about real life cases"
"Some points covered, which I hadn't thought about"