This specially designed course offers those experienced Designated Safeguarding Officers the opportunity to refresh their knowledge and certification through discussion, interactive activities and written text.
|Tuesday 15th May 2018
||9:30 am - 12:00 pm
|Ganneys Meadow Nursery School & Family centre
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and as such it is vitally important that practitioners are aware of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding the children in their care.
Current EYFS guidance says, 'During term time, or when the setting is in operation, the designated safeguarding lead or an appropriately trained deputy should be available during opening hours for staff to discuss safeguarding concerns.'
Course content includes:
• Responding to disclosure.
• Recognising, avoiding and managing unsafe practices.
• Referring Safeguarding concerns.
• Child protection process, policies and procedures.
• Record keeping and confidentiality
• Discussion of safeguarding issues from your workplace
• Relevant updates