|Saturday 28th January 2017
||9:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Leasowe Nursery School and Family Centre
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and as such it is vitally important that all practitioners are aware of their roles and responsibilities in safeguarding the children in their care. This course will look at the legislation behind the safeguarding requirements, raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of the different types of abuse, support practitioners to understand how to deal with and report any concerns they have and help to develop confidence in the key person role in regard to safeguarding.
Safeguarding Level One is aimed at all practitioners whose role involves contact with children and young people.
Courses content include
- The signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- Awareness of legislation and national guidelines for protecting children and young people from abuse and neglect.
- Awareness of the agencies involved in child protection.
- Explore the participants own role in regard to safeguarding the children in their care.
- Explore the importance of sharing information safely when working with other agencies in regard to safeguarding issues or concerns.