|Monday 19th September 2016
||6:30pm - 8pm
|Leasowe Nursery School and Family Centre
This course aims to support practitioners to understand how the brain learns in the first two years of life and to have the opportunity to explore different activities to develop back in their setting.
The young brain is quite simply amazing. The brain is growing at a rapid pace as it ‘engages’ with the world around it. Young babies are not passive beings who simply require their physical needs to be met. They have enquiring minds which are seeking out patterns, routines and rhythms. Children quickly learns through association and repetition.
This course will consider:
- Early brain development .
- How the brain learns and retains new information.
- The ways in which the prime areas develop.
- Practical ideas to develop in your setting.
- Characteristics of effective learning from the perspective of the first 2 years of life.