|Wednesday 1st February 2017
||9:30 am - 12:30 pm
|Leasowe Nursery School and Family Centre
|Dr Helen Bibby
Target Audience: EYFS leaders and practitioners
This course aims to develop practitioners understanding of how young children begin to create marks and use them to express their thoughts and ideas.
Young children enjoy making marks, but how children mark a mark will be very much dependent upon their physical development.
Muscle strength, balance, a sense of body position and coordination are all required for children to hold a mark making tool and create a mark.
Course content includes:
• Barriers to becoming a writer.
• Neurological readiness to become a writer in F1 and F2
• Linking emergent writing with intelligences and learning styles.
• Linking emergent writing with our understanding of continuous provision.
• Exploring practical inclusive activities to support emergent writing throughout the EYFS (6 months to 60 months).